AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-filled Property sets to apply to an object from the toolpallete?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
460 Views, 3 Replies

Pre-filled Property sets to apply to an object from the toolpallete?

Hi all,

is it possible to put an object on a tool pallete and pre-fill the property sets, so it comes carrying that info in a new drawing?  i am trying to build an science equipement library on a tool pallete.

We can do it in a file, and then just copy out the relevent pieces, but it will be better on a pallete.

ACA 2009.

Thanks in advance.

-iova

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Anonymous

If you are using AEC objects and can put your properties in a style-based Property Set, you can attach that Property Set to the AEC object style/definition and it will come along when brought in by a tool palette tool.

If you need or prefer an object-based Property Set (not using AEC objects or the properties have to be object-based), your only option would be to create the object, make an AutoCAD Wblock of the the object (a separate drawing file) and then have the tool insert and explode the block.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: David_W_Koch

David, as always, great tip. Having the tool explode the block! Genius!

Message 4 of 4
Matasovsky
in reply to: Anonymous

Iova:

Just my 2 cents.  I'm creating casework libraries for our Interiors Dept.  Plastic laminate, Wood, Science...

Using Multi-view blocks and Style based property sets (since information for my casework doesn't change).  My opinion, I'll create the bigger library and set the information once, rather than the smaller library and having to edit property sets by Object over and over.

Next, set up a schedule to read the property sets so you have automated casework schedules.  Add Qty and Unit Cost and you can do takeoff / cost estimation w/ your schedules.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost