AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poorly rendered fonts when plotted to PDF

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
SteveMSILLC
376 Views, 1 Reply

Poorly rendered fonts when plotted to PDF

I am using AutoCad Architecture 2011.  I have a problem with fonts rendering poorly when I plot to PDF - but it only happens some times.

Attached is a PNG file.  It is a side-by side screen capture of the exact same PDF file of a plotted ACAD layout.  The upper left is how it appears on other computers in the office.   The lower right is how it appears on my computer.  Also note that not ALL text renders poorly in the upper left.  The section and elevation markers and title appear relativeley correct.  But the dimensions and leader text is a mess.  I have used the same fonts and layouts for months.  This only happens sometimes when I plot to PDF.

Any suggestions as where to look for a fix?

Thanks!

Steve

Steve Jones
Designer
Morgan Smith Industries
www.morgansmithllc.com
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
SteveMSILLC
in reply to: SteveMSILLC

I may have found the start of the problem.  I noticed it in the screen shots.  I use Nitro PDF Pro to views PDFs.  My boss uses Acrobat Reader.  When I open the same PDF file on my computer (Win XP) using Acrobat Reader, I see the same messed up fonts.  But it all ,looks fine in Nitro on my computer.  When I check the properties,of the PDF file within Acrobat, it shows THREE fonts listed under the fonts tab.  BUT only ONE is listed as embedded.  The other two are not.  Could it be that Acrobat isn't getting the font resources correct?  But then why would Nitro get it correct, since it is the exact same file I am opening in both?

Steve

Steve Jones
Designer
Morgan Smith Industries
www.morgansmithllc.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost