AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

polygonal or clipped viewports....

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
kmfield
1624 Views, 5 Replies

polygonal or clipped viewports....

I have a question or rather seek a solution....

I dont work with polygonal VPs or clipped VPs often but sometimes I have to. I recently dicovered in working with 2013 AutoCad that when I create a polygonal VP or clip a VP and place it on defpoints or even a no plot layer, the VP outline still prints???? I'm miffed

Does anyone have a solution or hint?

Thanks, Kev

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: kmfield

If you start a new drawing, draw a few lines, then create a clipped or polygon viewport in a layout does the problem get reproduced? If yes, can you post that DWG file here?
Message 3 of 6
kmfield
in reply to: pendean

started a drawing from scratch as you suggested and posted it. drew a couple of lines in MS, switched to PS drew a dimension. created a polygonal VP and placed on defpoints. it still prints out. Here is the other thing.....even though only one object has been created, when I list on the VP is lists 2 items....1) LWPOLYLINE Layer: 0  ....and 2) VIEWPORT LAYER: Defpoints.....HMMmmmmpf

Message 4 of 6
kmfield

I figured it out.....Even though most people dont draw on desired layer right away....it becomes essential to draw the polygonal VP or probably clipped viewport on a no plot layer....in this case defpoints was set to zero before drawing the VP....thanks

Message 5 of 6
pendean

Thanks for coming back and sharing your findings.
Message 6 of 6
kmfield
in reply to: pendean

Your welcome

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost