AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plotttin to a hp 8150 laserjet cad crashes

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
fajcisco
620 Views, 5 Replies

plotttin to a hp 8150 laserjet cad crashes

I'm using Autocad 2011 when plotting to the hp8150. I select the printer hp laserjet 8150 series pcl 6 select te paper size and the half size ctb  and the program crashes with out printing my drawing.

The secon scenario if I select the hp laserjet 8100 series pcl 11x17.pc3, a dialogue box pop up requesting to update pc3 file with new printer. I select from the printer choices but it said device selected not found and it defaults to none.

Will someone let me know if this is a driver problem.

I'm able to plot with out any problem to the HP1050.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: fajcisco

A guess: you are running Windows7 64bit? You must download and install HP's Universal printer Driver for Win7 for the problem to go away.

Message 3 of 6
fajcisco

Thank you this worked great

Message 4 of 6
akbcad

I have the same problem printing to a HP LJ 8150 from AutoCAD 2015.

I got our IT guys to install the HP universal printer driver (v5.1), but it still crashed AutoCAD.

We are using 32-bit systems.

I know this is an ancient printer, but it is very handy for printing labels from MS Word, etc and would be nice to use it for CAD check prints too.

Andy

Message 5 of 6
MarySeufert
in reply to: akbcad

Hi Andy,

For a workaround I would suggest printing to PDF from AutoCAD, and then printing to this particular printer.

To get the best answers to your issue please post in the Printing and Plotting forum.

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 6 of 6
akbcad
in reply to: MarySeufert

I have now installed a utility called FinePrint (http://fineprint.com/fp/) which acts as a universal printer previewer.
I select FinePrint as my plot device in AutoCAD. There I can crop, rotate, adjust colour, etc. I then use FinePrint to send the print to the problem HP LJ8150.
Success! No more crashes.
Andy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost