AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plotting issues: xref Photoshop PDF

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
mhmorgado
846 Views, 3 Replies

Plotting issues: xref Photoshop PDF

Hello

This is the first time I felt the need to create my own actual post! That's how informative you guys have been so thank you.

I guess this problem can be a specific one to my method of project, so I hope this is not a solved issue already (I did search for a solution!)

I recently started using more and more Photoshop to render a little realism to Autocad. However, I didn't like the innacurate lines after I rasterized the imported pdfs from Autocad, so now I have imported them back to Autocad as a pdf overlay.

Everything looks good although some innacuracies from scaling the pdfs to their proper dimension are still visible. (this is one of the side-problems to my process as well but not a critical one... just takes a little time) 

Issue:

The problem is when I finally plot. Everything looks good, in the modelspace, papperspace and even in the preview, however the PDF file looks blurry as if the layers from Photoshop had unmerged and were creating some sort of noise. You can clearly see an outline of each object on each layer.

I've looked in other posts and aparrently it could have something to do with Adobe PDF and not Autocad, but i'm realy not sure and am lacking ideas on working this around. Thanks in advance for every help you can offer.

English is not my native language so I'm sorry if I can't explain this better. I hope you all can understand me well enough. I'm adding printscreens of the difference between preview and pdf. I will also provide additional information if necessary.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mhmorgado
in reply to: mhmorgado

I have just found out that this is a PDF Reader problem most likely as the printed PDF file displays just as in Autocad Plot Preview before the plot was made.
I would still like some enlightment on why the PDF view looks buggy, but probably this is a question best suited for Adobe PDF community.

Thank you

Message 3 of 4
pendean
in reply to: mhmorgado

Turn off some display setting options in the PDF viewer and see if that helps: start with line smoothing and other cache type settings.

You can find more I for about what to turn off in Adobe reader for better displays on the web through a search.
Message 4 of 4
mhmorgado
in reply to: pendean

Thank you! Setting smooth image to off did the trick!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost