AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plotting in colour

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
260 Views, 2 Replies

Plotting in colour

Relatively new to the software, I am completely and utterly confused as to how to set up colours and lineweights for plotting. Can anyone recommend a step by step tutorial for this? At the moment I have a titlebox template which prints as desired (black borders and colour logo), but when it comes to plotting views that are in the sheet file, they always print in black and white. I think I need to start from scratch here....

- Do I set colours in the view drawing or in the sheet file? What about overrides? 

- How do i set up my plot styles?

- What ctb or stb should I use for printing geometry in black and white with only several lines in colour as required.

*confused* Any help appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
MarySeufert
in reply to: Anonymous

Sounds like you need to start with the basics on printing and plot style setup. Try the Help files, you tube, or Google searches on plot styles. Here is a link to online ACA help Control How Objects Are Plotted page.

I use CTB files to control plot settings. When I need an object plotted in color I set the layer(s) to True Color instead of by Index Color, usually set as a viewport override. Very simple to use once you have everything set up for your company/personal system.

The benefit to using STB files as opposed to CTB is the ability to have your layers be any color you want. You simply create as many named styles as you need, and apply it to the layer. You will need to choose between the two "systems" for controlling how your prints look.

Hope this gets you started.

~ Mary

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: MarySeufert

Thanks for this - will definitely get me started 🙂 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost