AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plot to PDF text problems

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
631 Views, 1 Reply

Plot to PDF text problems

Sometimes when I plot to PDF using the DWG To PDF.pc3 driver, the text that goes with leader arrows comes out "blurry".  Some letters are partially bold and other letters are partially thin.  The file looks fine on my computer - it only looks this way on other computers.  That makes me think it is somehow tied to a font issue and a font on my computer but not on the others.  However, I use the the same fonts 95% of the time and this only happens sporadically.  Some times the fonts appear fine - other times not.  And again,it is just the leader line annotations.  See attached PDF.  It looks fine on my computer but is messy on others here in the office.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
MarySeufert
in reply to: Anonymous

Well, it will be hard to pin down your issue without a dwg, but here are some tips. BTW the pdf looks 'clean' to me.

- If the font is a true type font, make sure the text is at z=0. If TT font text is at different elevations will create bolder/thinner text.
- Make sure your visual style is set to 2D Wireframe before plotting.
- Any transparencies?
- Do you have any shaded viewport settings?
- Maybe increase the 'quality' in the plot settings.

- Double check the text layer colors / settings that affect how objects are plotted.

- Any layer properties overrides?

- Standardize your fonts

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost