AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan Elevation Label Not Showing Correct Elevation

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Angrypancake
487 Views, 4 Replies

Plan Elevation Label Not Showing Correct Elevation

I'm trying to use Plan Elevation Labels. It works just fine in Metric but its completely screwed in Inches.

I created a basic 3D cube object. 

I created a 1' high line. I use the Plan Elevation Label and when the pop-up box comes out, it will show the correct elevation of 1' 0" but when I hit OK, it shows +25'-4". 

Am I missing something here? Pictures attached.

Thanks in advance for the help!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Angrypancake
in reply to: Angrypancake

Still looking for a solution for this problem. Can anyone help?

Message 3 of 5
David_W_Koch

Welcome to the Discussion Groups!

Using the Imperial out-of-the-box content for Plan Elevation Labels [Plan Elevation Labels (3)], in a file started with one of the out-of-the-box imperial templates [Aec Model (Imperial Stb).dwt], the elevation label performed as expected.

Starting a file with a metric template [Aec Model (Metric Stb).dwt], and then changing the Units from millimeters to inches and the linear type from decimal to architectural (I did not rescale anything, when prompted), and using the imperial label, I did get results similar to yours (mine showed 25'-5", which would be consistent with a scale factor of 25.4, applied to 1'-0").  Even after changing the MEASUREMENT System Variable in that file to 0, purging the Multi-View Block and View Block for the elevation label and then re-inserting the plan label, I still got the incorrect measurement.  It may be that your file had similar origins.

I am not sure what, if anything, could be done to a file started with a metric template to get it to not apply a scale factor to the label.  You might be able to copyclip the contents of model space from your file and paste them into a new file started with an imperial template.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 4 of 5
Angrypancake
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Thanks for your help. I figured it was something to do with the Metric to Imperial templates because it worked just fine when using Metric. Thank you, I'll look into it and post what I find out.

Message 5 of 5
Angrypancake

Okay, problem solved. There are 3 "versions" of Autocad Architecture when you install it. I used my start up menu to start mine and I guess it defaults to Metric. I have a mess of shortcuts on my desktop so I didn't notice the 3 Autocad Architecture icons and found the Imperial....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost