AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Piranesi "saveepix" issues in ACA 2012

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
herudshomes
324 Views, 3 Replies

Piranesi "saveepix" issues in ACA 2012

Hi Folks

Ive recently installed the Piranesi Epix plugin and have exported a render to an epix. The intention was to export the render (from ACA first) then open the epix in Piranesi and insert trees and flowers in piranesi rather than spending huge amounts of time in render in ACA. 

The "saveepix" command worked and the EPIX file was created, i then opened the epix file in Piranesi to insert the objects, Trees etc, but im experiencing a REALLY STRANGE layering problem where the trees are being inserted infornt of some objects but not others. I have attached an image of the result.

Im not sure if this is an ACA problem or a Piranesi Problem, but Im hoping that you might be able to shed some light on the issue all the same. 

Many thanks and Kind regards

heruds

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
David_W_Koch
in reply to: herudshomes

DISCLAIMER:  I do not know anything about Piranesi or EPix.  The following is just a random thought that occurred to me when I saw your image.

The trees your inserted do not actually appear to be in front of some objects and behind others, rather, they appear to have been cut off at horizontal line running across the image.  For example, assuming that the columns are a single object in ACA, below the cutoff line, the trees are "in front" of the column, but above the cutoff line, the column is "in front" of the tree.  If it were simply a question of the some objects being incorrectly placed in front of the trees, then I would expect the entire object to be in front.  And given that all of the trees get cut off at the same horizontal line, I would suspect that they are being cropped in some way in Piranesi.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 4
herudshomes

Thanks so muchh for your reply.

You may be right. Although I have inserted a "few" more trees to test the cut off at same level theory and seem to have discovered a couple of blocks where there is nothing insertable. This is what makes me think its an ACA problem? 

Given that an epix in its basic form is simply a png file. the "perspective" of the image should be maintained from export, yet its doesnt seem to hold any logical perspective. 

The render was created using Final gather.

Doe anyone understand the "layering" (for want of a better word) of the image with Final Gather? perhaps a diffferent method is more appropriate, and if so what?

Ive attached another sample depicting the BLOCKING.

Message 4 of 4
pendean

Try also posting in their User Forums for a second point of view:

http://www.informatixsoftware.com/forums

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost