AutoCAD Architecture General Discussion

AutoCAD Architecture General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
BBP-Arch
Message 1 of 3 (368 Views)

PDF not printing in ACA2011

368 Views, 2 Replies
09-14-2011 10:08 AM

I've got a .PDF of a survey attached (not overlayed) to my site plan construct...on a printable layer. In my sheet it shows up. When I print preview it's there. When it comes out of the plotter it's not there. If I print the PDF by itself through Acrobat it prints fine. Is there a bug here?

Scott

paralleldesign
Message 2 of 3 (363 Views)

Re: PDF not printing in ACA2011

09-14-2011 11:43 AM in reply to: BBP-Arch

When we have had this problem it was the plotter or printer, one in the office can't handle and dwgs with pdf's one will work some of the time depending on the size of the pdf and the big plotter works with them most of the time. What we have done was to convert the pdf to a jpg and this works most of the time.

Distinguished Contributor
BBP-Arch
Message 3 of 3 (360 Views)

Re: PDF not printing in ACA2011

09-14-2011 11:51 AM in reply to: BBP-Arch

Well, I got it to work. Turns out I needed to check the box labled Plot Transparency in the Plot Dialog box. I never knew (and still don't) know exacty what that box is for, but it seemed to solve the problem.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.