AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Path to Express tools

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
desgnr
769 Views, 3 Replies

Path to Express tools

I just loaded Expresstools to Architecture 2014 & need to know what the path is & where to put under options.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
David_W_Koch
in reply to: desgnr

Are you installing AutoCAD Architecture from a suite or do you just have a license for AutoCAD Architecture?  The following is based on installation from the Autodesk Building Design Suite 2014; I am not certain if the path would be different when if a standalone product is installed.

If you did not alter the typical installation, the Express Tools files should be found here:

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2014\Express

and that path should be part of Options > Files > Support File Search Path, if it is not already there.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 4
pendean
in reply to: desgnr

Are you manually installing Express Tools and not using the built-in installer option?
Message 4 of 4
tedwardspg
in reply to: pendean

If when you create your deployment or dont setup a custom install and check the "express tools" eyelet, even tho the menu will show up in the menu directory, they will not load. You will need to uninstall the program. besure that you also uninstall the "content service" and then reinstall with the express tools eyelet checked. This unfoutuetly is the only way to make them work. I repair or "add tools" will not work.

ACA 2013
Windows 7 enterprise
Intel core i7 860 @ 2.80GHz
16GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800 - 4GB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost