AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paste to original coordinates

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
mikeshick
1046 Views, 6 Replies

paste to original coordinates

This is a command I frequently use. However, upon installation of 2010 Architecture, this right click option is usually greyed out, and doesn't allow me to use that command. Nothing different than how I normally use it. Any ideas?

Thanks.
Mike Shick
www.medesigns.us
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Kitetsu07
in reply to: mikeshick

Hi Mike, autocad made a mistake in the coding of the Original Co-ordinates Command.
If you type CUI into your command line, then go to Shortcut Menus, Edit Menu and find the Paste to Original Coordinates command.
There is an & in the command name, take this out and your cammand will work fine.
Hope that works, it did for me.
Message 3 of 7
mikeshick

how did you find that? that works great!
Mike Shick
www.medesigns.us
Message 4 of 7
David_W_Koch

Thanks for the heads up on that. Screen captures showing this fix can be found here, if you are interested:
http://architects-desktop.blogspot.com/2009/05/autocad-architecture-2010-ui-changes_15.html

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 5 of 7
Kitetsu07

The solution i previously gave is only a temporarly fix and isnt even an error for autocad as there is supposed to be an & in the command name.
to fix this problem properly you will need to open your cui window, once in the window open Menus, then edit. Once in edit copy both the "Paste as block" and the "Paste to Original Coordinates". The open Shortcut Menus, then edit menu, once in the edit menu delete the "Paste as block" and the "Paste to Original Coordinates" that are in that menu and replace them with the ones that you copied. and that should be a permanant fix.
Message 6 of 7
mikeshick

Yes...I already found that to be the case. Thanks.
Mike Shick
www.medesigns.us
Message 7 of 7
JDM1
in reply to: Kitetsu07

If you type CUI into your command line, then go to Shortcut Menus, Edit Menu and find the Paste to Original Coordinates command. 
There is an & in the command name, take this out and your command will work fine

Don't know if anyone is still monitoring this thread but I had the same problem with aca 2012 and Kitetsu07's solution above worked for me .

You would have thought that autodesk would have fixed this by now. 

The solution below did not work for me because menus in my aca 2012 is empty see attached.

The solution I previously gave is only a temporary fix and isn't even an error for autocad as there is supposed to be an & in the command name.
 to fix this problem properly you will need to open your cui window, once in the window open Menus, then edit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost