AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paste invalid

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
arandia_ej
962 Views, 11 Replies

paste invalid

i simply cannot paste objects within a drawing. whenever i paste, autocad always says invalid. i am using autocad architecture 2012. take note that i am not copying objects from a different file and pasting it to another one. however, pasting objects from other files also becomes invalid.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
arandia_ej
in reply to: arandia_ej

the problem exists even on a new dwg. i don't know why it does happen. 

Message 3 of 12
KathyMoffa

Lots of discussions and reasons for this problem. Do a search of Discussions for "copy and paste failed".

Message 4 of 12
arandia_ej
in reply to: KathyMoffa

i know because i already read those. i even sourced information on other websites on how to solve this with no success at all. as far as i know the problem others encounter happen when they copy paste from another file that is made from a different version of autocad. however, my problem exists within a new drawing. whenever i do a copy paste of any objects say a line or a polygon it always goes invalid. how could that be? what others would tell are some sort of compatibility issues in between files. but no, i am not concerned with copy and paste in between different files. my problem lies upon the creation of new drawing.

i hope you understand. i would not be posting here if i can solve that problem on my own. i consumed every effort i had but failed. i guess the case of mine is certainly different than those in here though we are of the same problem. thanks.

Message 5 of 12
pendean

Post such a file, let's all have a look for ourselves.
Message 6 of 12
arandia_ej
in reply to: pendean

please take a look at the images i posted. here, i just made a rectangle on the new drawing. what i wanted was to copy and paste the same object here in the same drawing. but the paste comes invalid for no reason. attached as well was the sample file i have i used on the images.

Message 7 of 12
arandia_ej

Message 8 of 12
arandia_ej

Message 9 of 12
KathyMoffa

I opened your drawing in both ACA2012 and ACA2014, and was able to copy and paste the rectangle.   I've only had this  problem once, and the source was a 3rd-Party add-on that I had uninstalled.    In my case, I had to use a regsitry cleaner software to remove all (or the bulk) of the add-on software's remnants.   If you haven't already done so, post your problem to the educational and/or installation problems forum.     Good luck with finding the solution.

Message 10 of 12
arandia_ej
in reply to: KathyMoffa

thanks for the response. i hope you don't mind if i ask what was the 3rd party add-on you had before which caused this kind of behaviour in autocad. anyway, i forgot to tell that i was using autocad 2012 before migrating to autocad architecture 2012. i thought that the problem goes with the switch i made that is why i did a fresh install of acad arch once again. however it didn't solved the problem.

Message 11 of 12
arandia_ej

i have tried the solution you recommended a while ago. seems like there is no luck at all. what i did was a thorough uninstallation of all autodesk products including the 3ds max. i even cleaned my registry under the recommendation of the autodesk website. well, i realize i shouldn't be dedicating all my time and energy solving such a stubborn problem.

however, i found a workaround that is a bit strange. i have to save a new drawing first before the pasteclip works. this also applies to drawings which are generated from other versions of cad, which are needed to be saved first in the current workstation used before applying the pasteclip command. seems like i found the answer i'm looking for. it may not be the exact one but still i'm thankful.

thank you for all your responses. have a nice day!

Message 12 of 12
KathyMoffa

Well, that it's a  bit strange, but at least it's a workaround.  My add-on product was VisionRez--not anything you're likely to have installed. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost