AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Palette Disappears

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
pleavell
273 Views, 1 Reply

Palette Disappears

I have seen a few discussions on this topic but the suggestions have not helped. We are running ACA 2008 & this problem is occurring on an older pc running Win 2000. Our user does not know how or why the "Properties" palette disappeared but has. I have tried the suggestion to open the cui and make sure that this palette has "show" set to 'on' and have toggled between 'floating', 'left' & 'right' without success. When set to 'floating', the palette completely disappears. When set to 'left' or 'right' it docks to the left or right of the screen but cannot be moved, even when everything is set to 'unlocked'. Even worse, when it is docked, it doesn't work. No matter what you do, it will not open and show any data on the selected object. I am guessing that I am going to have to "repair" the installation which I am loathe to do since it means redoing all of the customizations that have been made on this pc.

Also, does anyone know why, whenever you make a change in the cui, many of the toolbars that were previously turned off or located in particular places turn back on and/or change location? This is extremely frustrating and keeps most of our users from making additional customization adjustments since it can take quite a while to adjust the locations of all of the toolbars.

Thanks
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
alchemy
in reply to: pleavell

I tried the cui fix for my missing properties palette (Architecture 2009 on a new computer).  It was set not to show, but changing that made no difference.  Doing a repair didn't fix it either.  Can anyone help?  Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost