AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OSNAP not snapping on wall edges?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
chrishaarmeyer
920 Views, 4 Replies

OSNAP not snapping on wall edges?

I have an xreffed drawing and I can snap on wall edges in model space but not through paper space.  I have tried the "allow snap on wall justifcation line" and nothing has worked.  I only have this problem in this drawing for some reason.  

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
bronstijn
in reply to: chrishaarmeyer

Depending on your preference  'allow snap on wall justifcation line' could be either 'on' or 'off'.

The one thing that springs to mind however is you've probably got layer '0' off.

Because when layer '0' is off it will NOT snap to the edges, but if you have the 'allow snap on wall justifcation line' set to 'on', it will snap to the wall baseline only...

Bottom line is; in AutoCAD Architecture you NEVER turn off layer '0' - period.

Edit: Ah, read Tijgervisuals, it works in model not in paperspace...

The same goes for freezing in viewports, do not freeze layer '0'. Everything might 'look' peachy, but AutoCAD Architecture uses the layer set in the wallstyle. Default is layer '0'.

I repeat:

Bottom line is; in AutoCAD Architecture you NEVER turn off layer '0' - period.

And i add:

in AutoCAD Architecture you NEVER freeze layer '0' - period.

Grtz,

Tijgervisuals.

Message 3 of 5

I wish it were that easy.  I appreciate the enthusiam but Layer 0 is on in both locations; still no snap.

Message 4 of 5
bronstijn
in reply to: chrishaarmeyer

Sure? no VPFreeze?

Kinky!

Message 5 of 5
chrishaarmeyer
in reply to: bronstijn

No. Not frozen or off in xref or referenced sheet.  I thought you might be on to something when I saw that I had defpoints frozen in a viewpoint, but no dice.   Try again.  This just aggravates me. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost