AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orthogonal Roof View

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ldharchitects
300 Views, 3 Replies

Orthogonal Roof View

When working with Roof Slabs, the view changes to a perspective view automatically.  For me this is more difficult than the orthogonal view and I will get unexpected results when trimming or mitering slabs. I know that I can reset the view cube by going to the view tab and clicking on Top, but is there a switch or toggle that will prevent the view cube from going into perspective view? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi Lisa,

Could you please post a short video or a sample file where this is happening, to clarify the issue?

Does this happen in every file? Every time? Or is the issue intermittent?

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 3 of 4

I hope you can see from this document what I am referring to. I need to know how to prevent the view cube from inadvertently changing. Is there a toggle switch to lock the view to an orthogonal view?

It seems to happen a lot, but not always. The undo button triggers it, but other commands will also cause the view cube to change. I know this change came about in the AutoCAD Architecture release 2012 or 2013, but it is not user friendly.

Regards,

Lisa Holmes
L D Holmes Architects, P.C.
PO Box 1598
313 East Charles Street
LaPlata, MD 20646

(301) 934-8078
ldharchitects@aol.com
Message 4 of 4
ntellery
in reply to: ldharchitects

I bet this is a known bug that has not been fixed for several versions, pointed out by Odin at ArchiDigm. 

http://www.archidigm.com/lounge/index.htm

Look over on the right column, ACA tips and tricks link.

Then scroll down to ACA2011 and ACA2011 Sky status bug.

It's because you have set views in perspective in your drawing previously and something doesn't get reset.

Autodesk have ignored it for ages.

Loading the attached lisp and typing SF will fix it.

www.ausaca.blogspot.com
Do you know all about the Roof Object? Learn it's secrets
http://ausaca.blogspot.com.au/p/roof-object-video-links.html

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost