AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening End Caps

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
herudshomes
904 Views, 9 Replies

Opening End Caps

Hi Folks.. 
this is probebly a realy simple thing, my appologies if so. 

I have created a wall, window and endcap that is meant to display a frame (in the wall) all around the window. 
The endcap creted perfectly and attached itself to the correct components in the wall. It Looks beautiful BUT the endcap seems to have placed itself on the INTERNAL side of the wall, rather than the External side. 

I have included a drawing with what i mean. Is there a way to tell the Endcap to appear on the other side (external Side) of the wall. ?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
leothebuilder
in reply to: herudshomes

Sorry, can't open your drawing, ACA 2012 here

Message 3 of 10
herudshomes

thanks so much for looking.. ive uploaded a 2010 dwg 😉

Message 4 of 10
leothebuilder

If you saved this back from the 2013 version it has exploded everything

Message 5 of 10
herudshomes
in reply to: leothebuilder

OK... ive tracked down a computer with 2012 on it with the same result.. I have attached hereto a 2012 make and saved in 2012 😉
Message 6 of 10
leothebuilder

Nothing attached

Message 7 of 10
herudshomes

Message 8 of 10
leothebuilder

I am not 100% sure what you are trying to achieve but from your original post I understand that the 25 x100 popout around the window opening is on the wrong side of the wall.

I changed the opening cap style to be on the otherside by deleting your opening style and creating a new style.

Only problem is that this interferes with the large sill you have on that side of the wall.

You can have this opening cap style to three sides only if you want. (sides and head only)

ACA 2012 file attached

Message 9 of 10
herudshomes

Hio leo

thats exatly what i wanted.. The 25x100 sorround to the window. 
Im not sure how you created it though.. I see you have created a rectangle 100x25 (adjacent to the wall) and created a new override. 

I think i must be creating the endcaps wrong from the polyline? How are you adding the rectangle to the endcap?

Ive tried creting a new ENDCAP STYLE and SET FROM .. Select the rectangle you created and assign to COMPONENT 2, but that didnt seem to work.. ?

Ive obviously missed an important simple step somewhere... 

Message 10 of 10
leothebuilder

I created this as follows"

Right click the wall and select Encap > Edit in Place.

This will prompt you to select a point along the wall.

Select a point close to the window opening.

You'll enter Edit mode.

Draw a rectangle 25 x 100 mm at the edge of the opening.

Select the wall and on the ribbon select Merge.

Merge the rectangle to the wall.

In the ribbon select Finish.

You will be prompted if you want to save this to a new Style. (I named it TEST)

Select Yes and select (tick the box) if you want this as an encap or opening style.

You can also select if you want this to apply to all four sides of opening (or whichever sides)

Select if you want this to apply to all openings or if you want this as an override.

I select override.

Once you have the new opening cap defined, if you now select a wall with an opening you can

override the opening cap and select your new style.

Hope it all makes sense.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost