AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening 2012 in 2009.

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
313 Views, 2 Replies

Opening 2012 in 2009.

Good day all,

Got a wee problem if anyone would be so kind as to help. 

I have found one topic on the forums already on this subject, but i wasnt happy with the answer.  I am the only one currently trying and testing 2012 on my PC at work while others continue with 2009.  My collegue asked me to do something in one of his drawings for him so i did and saved the file.  When he now opens said file in 2009, the same problem this guy got happens.  However, i am certain i had all my files saving in a 2007 format, so i would like to know why ithis problem is occuring?

I noticed on the downloads section there is an object enabler for 2010 and 2011 when opening 2012 drawings, is this the fix?  Just not for 2009?

Any help on this subject would be much appreciated. 

Kind Regards

Steven Young

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

You never ever work on an ACA2009 file in ACA2010 or higher: regardless of what you saved the file down to, AEC objects get upgraded and there is no way to get them back down. Bad news you read is a fact.

Take your ACA2012 testing away from current projects and remain isolated until it's ready for a per-project-team implementation.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Not what i wanted to hear, but exactly what i feared.

This isnt good news as we send drawings off to other companies for structural engineers works and the sort and their software is based on older versions of AutoCAD.

Guess i will just have to relay the bad news.

Thankyou for your help Dean

Steve

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost