AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Project Browser & A Wish

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
oceanside
488 Views, 2 Replies

Open Project Browser & A Wish

When I click the big red "A" and select Open, I don't have the option to select "Project".  I have the option to select Dwg, Sheet Set, or DGN but not Project.  How do I get Project to show up there?  Also where do I find the Icon for Project Browser to add to my Quick Access toolbar?  I had reinstalled Architecture 2011.    

My wish....Under Options, I wish I could set up a template that keeps the Options already selected for the AEC tabs such as where to pull the Project Defaults from, AEC Content, Tool Catalog, etc.  Everytime I need to install Arch on a computer, I need to make sure everyone is pulling from the same files.  It would be nice to open a template with these things already set especially when everyone is on the same page.

the best is at the beach!
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
leothebuilder
in reply to: oceanside

Regarding the first part of your question, if you click on the big red A, you should have the option to open  a project in the Project Browser. Recently opened projects should appear in the file history list as well.

As for the second part of your question, if you need to install the program on a lot of different computers, try setting up a profile and then import this profile with all the desired settings on the new installations.

Message 3 of 3
David_W_Koch
in reply to: oceanside

How are you starting ACA?  If you start up with an "as AutoCAD" profile, you will get what you describe for the Open menu choices.  Once started, even if you change to an ACA profile, you will keep the AutoCAD Open choices.  Close out and restart ACA with an ACA profile (a desktop shortcut set up to start with an ACA profille is a good way to do that) and you should get the Project Browser option.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost