AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ONLY PLOTTING COLOR TO PREVIEW AND PDF

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
jdheffe
769 Views, 12 Replies

ONLY PLOTTING COLOR TO PREVIEW AND PDF

AutoCad I have both a CTB and STB black and white plot style converted from a previous version of AutoCAD.  I have it set as my default plot stlye and set up in the page manager.  No matter what I do it continues to preview and plot ONLY in color.  HELP!!

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
pendean
in reply to: jdheffe

Is this a rendered or shaded or non-2D-Plan view?

Message 3 of 13
ToanDN

post your STB and CTB here.

Message 4 of 13
jdheffe

it is a 2D plan view

Message 5 of 13
David_W_Koch

In 2D Wireframe visual style?

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 6 of 13
jdheffe

ctb and stb are not vaild file extentions according to autocad, Ithis forum won't let me post the files

Message 7 of 13
jdheffe
in reply to: David_W_Koch

I'm new to 2011, I don't understand your question.

Message 8 of 13
David_W_Koch

Try creating a ZIP file with the plot style files inside of it, and then attaching that.

David Koch
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 9 of 13
David_W_Koch

Plot Styles are only applied when the Visual Style is set to 2D Wireframe.  Type VSCURRENT at the Command: prompt.  Is 2dwireframe the default value?

Command: VSCURRENT
Enter an option [2dwireframe/3dwireframe/3dHidden/Realistic/Conceptual/Other] 
<2dwireframe>:

David Koch
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 10 of 13
jdheffe

yes, 2dwireframe is the default value.

Message 11 of 13
jdheffe

see attached zip file

Message 12 of 13
David_W_Koch

Are the files that that you are plotting CTB or STB files?

If they are CTB files, there are a number of plot styles in your CTB file that are set to "Use object color" (most of the colors from 10 and above, with some exceptions, like 20 is a gray color and 30 is Black).  Unless all objects that are on a layer using those colors are assigned the color Black directly on the object or through the display system, they will plot in color.

If they are STB files, anything assigned to the Normal plot style or the Style_9 plot style will plot in color, unless assigned the color "Black" in the file; Style_10 is a gray color.

You mention having "converted" these from a previous release; by what means were they converted?  Were the files in which you are having problems started in a previous release?  If you start a new file, from a 2011 template, do you still get all colors when using these plot styles?

David Koch
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 13 of 13
jdheffe

The files I am have a problem with are from AutoCAD 2002 Releae 3.3 . .  infact I'm having problems with ALL the ctb and stb files.  Even when I set the plot style to monocrome it plots in color.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost