AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nothing but a scale thing?!

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Padave
111 Views, 1 Reply

Nothing but a scale thing?!

ok, i am trying to figure out the annotative scaling thing, in conjunction with Leaders, and notice the text moves according to the size, which stinks, so i went and tried to use the multileader, but it does scale it correctly. what am i doing wrong?
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Padave

I am not certain exactly what you are doing or seeing, but perhaps this blog article will help explain how annotative content works in 2008:
http://architects-desktop.blogspot.com/2007/04/annotative-tags-with-leaders-in-aca.html

Executive Summary: A tag with a leader will, if both the leader's dimension style and the tag's view block are set to be annotative, rescale themselves as the drawing scale is changed. The endpoints selected for the leader will not, however, shift to stay "connected" with the same relative point on the tag. You can, however, manually edit the leader for each scale at which you need to show it, and the manual edits will be "remembered" independently for each scale.

Multileaders allow the ability of one leader to point to multiple locations, not to the ability for one leader to have multiple scales. Both leaders and multileaders can be made from an annotative dimension style.

--

David Koch
Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator
Using ADT 2004 at work; access to 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008 at home

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost