AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Shortcut for ACAD Architexture when I load building design suite 2015 upgrade

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ArchitextureSpatialDesign
230 Views, 2 Replies

No Shortcut for ACAD Architexture when I load building design suite 2015 upgrade

I installed my 2015 upgrade (boxed media) for building design suite 2015.

All the shortcuts appear on desktop except for ACAD Architecture (the only one I actually use)

If I open the listed programs on my computer control panel, ACAD Architecture is there- but when I double click it it crashes before I am able to do anything with it. Which means I cannot even uninstall it to try reinstall.

Whilst waiting for a solution I reverted to ACAD Architecture 2014 (which I had been previously using), but that only worked for a few days but now it crashes before fully opening files that it easily opened a week ago (has the liscencing expired now that 2015 is installed?)

In desperation I managed to open ACAD MEP 2015 and modified it to have the "Architecture" workspace.

This enables me to continue working, but not satisfactorily- as it seems to behave slightly differently to the ACAD Architecture I am used to.

Please help- I am falling far behind with my work deadlines!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Sounds like you need to reinstall AutoCAD Architecture or do a repair install.  Make sure the desktop icon is checked on reinstall.  We use AutoCAD MEP with the AutoCAD Architecture profile and it works fine.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 3 of 3

If the normal route of uninstalling does not work, the Microsoft FixIt tool for uninstalling programs should take care of it, and clear the way for you to reinstall.

When running the tool, tell it that you'll select which fixes to apply, and that you're having trouble with uninstalling. When shown the list of installed programs, choose AutoCAD Architecture and let the tool do the rest. Upon completion, you should be able to reinstall AutoCAD Architecture. If need be, the whole suite can be uninstalled, but you should be able to just remove the one program and then reinstall it. Please post back here your results.

Zac Travis

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost