AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No ribbon on AutoCAD

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
tebo-citrix
4168 Views, 12 Replies

No ribbon on AutoCAD

I've installed AutoCAD, a few times now, and everytime the ribbon does not appear and I get the error "unknown command" if I type ribbon in the CLI.

please help

tony

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
anmussara22
in reply to: tebo-citrix

Here's your fix:

Type in the command prompt: menubar

Type "1" for your selection

All the regular pull down menus should appear at the top (File, Edit, View, etc....)

Click on "Tools" and move your mouse to "Workspaces", Select the type of AutoCAD style you are working in (2D Drafting & Annotation, 3D Basics, etc...)

Your ribbons should appear.  

Good luck!

Message 3 of 13
tebo-citrix

No luck

When you type menubar and 1 all I get is file|window|help ?

any other idea's

Message 4 of 13

Try this:

1. Make sure you have ACA.cui loaded by:
  • Type CUI -> go the customize tab. Check if ACA.cui is loaded.
  • Right click ACA and select restore CUI.
  • Apply and close.
  1. Load the correct CUI.
  • Type Menuload on the command prompt.
  • Unload any existing CUI that is loaded.
  • Click browse and locate the ACA.cui from the support folder.
  • Click Load.

This should bring the ribbon back on the screen

Niranjan Kamath

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 13

In case if you are using Autocad profile then use the same to load the ACAD.cui

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Niranjan Kamath

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 13

Still no luck, I've installed AutoCAD 2012 on the same machine, and get the same issue.

have you got any other idea's ?

thanks for your help tony

Message 7 of 13
bronstijn

I'm guessing that on install of 2012 you've migrated the current autocad-profile?

Could you try and startup a not yet existing autocad-profile. Because probably your profile became corrupted (i.e. search paths) causing autocad not to find the needed files....

Copy the autocad shortcut calling it 'autocad test' or something.

Change the shortcut target to "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Architecture 2012\acad.exe" /ld "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Architecture 2012\AecBase.dbx" /p "AutoCAD Architecture (TEST)"

You will get (if that is even possible) a 'vanilla' version of AutoCAD Architecture.

Maybe you could try and add to that profile to create a new working profile.

Grtz,

Tijgervisuals.

Message 8 of 13
tebo-citrix
in reply to: bronstijn

No luck again, still no ribbon,

do you think this is a bug ?

Message 9 of 13

Did by any chance migrated your old setting to 2012? Check if resetting the application helps

Windows -> All Programs -> Autodesk -> AutoCAD 2012 -> Reset Settings to Default

And check if this helps in our case?

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Niranjan Kamath

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 10 of 13

What does the Ribbon need to be installed for it to work, I'm running this on a windows 2008 system, would that make a difference ? 

Message 11 of 13
tebo-citrix

Does anyone else have this issue, when installing AutoCAD 2012 on a windows 2008 R2 SP1 server ?

Message 12 of 13
SIzzo

I have no ribbon on AutoCAD 2015! We have 4 machines in the office that has this problem. I have done everything noted on this site but to no avail, I STILL don't have the ribbon. When I type "RIBBON" I get an "UNKNOWN COMMAND" response. This happened on all 4 machines and to all software listed below except REVIT. Need HELP FAST!!!!!

AutoCAD 2015

AutoCAD Architecture 2015

AutoCAD Structural Detailing 2015

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2015

AutoCAD Map 3D 2015

ALL AUTOCAD BASED PRODUCTS.

Message 13 of 13
tedwardspg
in reply to: SIzzo

use EDITPGP save the file and use REINIT to initialize the pgp file. then MENULOAd and be sure the menu is loaded. Take the workspaces off the AutoCAD Classic setting and switch to another. Enter RIBBON at the command line. If this does still no work then do as follows.

Drop all the menus in folder on the C: drive in a AUTOCAD directory along with the PGP file

In options the first file path should be to that location.

the customization files should point to that location.

rename the current profile and export it to a network location.

In the properties of the icon in Target, at the very end add /p "Drive\path\profile.arg"

Be sure that all the other users have the same set-up. copy the icon to the other stations and use that icon to start acad.

ACA 2013
Windows 7 enterprise
Intel core i7 860 @ 2.80GHz
16GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800 - 4GB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost