AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No New Layer Standard button

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
JDM1
1908 Views, 8 Replies

No New Layer Standard button

Hi all,

I just started using Autocad Architecture 2011.

When I click the layer properties button on the home tab the layer properties manager dialog box opens and most of the bottons are missing such as " LAYER STANDARDS, LAYER KEY STYLES, LAYER KEY OVERIDES, LOAD FILTER GROUGS, SAVE FILTER GROUPS, NEW STANDARDS FILTER, NEW LAYER FROM STANDARD.

Can Someone please tell me how to fix this.

Thanks,

Jim

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
KathyMoffa
in reply to: JDM1

Do you mean they are grayed out, or are the icons not there at all?   I have all the ones you named, and more, in 2011.

Message 3 of 9
JDM1

They are not there at all.

I'll attach a jpeg.

Message 4 of 9
KathyMoffa

Here's what it's supposed to look like.  I don't know what to recommend to fix it other than trying  a repair or importing a saved profile.

Message 5 of 9
David_W_Koch

You are running the old dialog version of the Layer Properties Manager.  In 2010 and 2011, that version does not have the "extra" ACA buttons you seek.  Type LAYERPALETTE at the Command: prompt to switch over to the modeless Layer Properties Manager and you will get the missing buttons.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 6 of 9
JDM1
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Yes I know about the layerpalette command. However I don't want to have to type layerpalette every time I want to create a new layer from standard.

I would like to just click the Layer Properties button.

I tried to change the macro for the Layer Properties button in the cui but there is none.

In the CUI I clicked on Ribbon, Panels, Home-ACA, Layer Properties and was going to change the macro to

$M=$(if,$(and,$(>,$(getvar,LayerManagerState),0)),^C^C'_LayerClose,^C^C'_Layerpalette)

but there is no macro to change

Message 7 of 9
David_W_Koch

You should only have to run the LAYERPALETTE command once; subsequent calls to the LAYER command should, if the Layer Properties Manager is not already open, open the palette version (unless you run the CLASSICLAYER command, to reset it to default to the dialog version).

The LAYERDLGMODE System Variable can also be set directly; 0 = dialog, 1 = palette.  This is stored in the registry, so for a given user/profile/computer, setting it one way should be "remembered" for subsequent uses of the LAYER command.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 8 of 9
JDM1

Thanks David it works perfectly Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Thanks a bunch David!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost