AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Download of AutoCAD U.S. Imperial

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
3482 Views, 8 Replies

No Download of AutoCAD U.S. Imperial

When I downloaded AutoCAD Architecture, only two icons on my desktop appeared: AutoCAD Architecture US Metric, and AutoCAD Architecture Global. How would I download this?<br><br>Also my catalog browser isn't showing the imperial catalog. Is it possible to attach the .zip file for AutoCAD Architecture US imperial Catalog here for me to download?<br><br>Thanks so much!
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
dbroad
in reply to: Anonymous

If the profile exists in your installation of AutoCAD Architecture, then just copy the icon to a different folder and change the startup options (under properties) to point to the profile you want to use.  Then move the icon back to the desktop.

If the profile doesn't exist, use the installer to add that content.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: dbroad

Hi,

Where is the installer? The profile doesn't exist on my computer.

Thanks!
Message 4 of 9
David_W_Koch

Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features > Uninstall or change a program.

Right click on the Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture version you wish to update, and choose Uninstall/Change.

Then choose Add or Remove Features, select the content you wish to have installed and choose Add content...

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Awesome! Thank you so much! Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 9
WHolzwarth

I'm here with a German install of ACA 2018, together with an English LP.

I've added the US Imperial catalog, as described by David, but it doesn't show up in the Content Browser.

In ACA English I've switched in Options to User profile AutoCAD Architecture (US Imperial), but no change happens in Content Browser.

I've changed startup option to below lines, but same result:

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2018\acad.exe" /ld "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2018\AecBase.dbx" /p "AutoCAD Architecture (US Imperial)" /product "ACA" /language "en-US"

Do I miss another setting?

Thanks for hints

Walter Holzwarth

EESignature

Message 7 of 9
jeffrav1

Had same problem.Did same thing MR. Koch posted but I doubled clicked repair reinstall clicked repair button restore this product to the default state.All files modified from the default stae are overwritten.Worked great content browser is now back to normal with all settings the same

Message 8 of 9
WHolzwarth
in reply to: jeffrav1

Thanks, Jeff

I tried repair both for German ACA 2018 and English LP, but no change. I'm suspecting a localization issue now.

Walter Holzwarth

EESignature

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

I have the same problem, and when I press Add content automatically opens new window and ask to open the file from documents. What I must to do next?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost