AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new system

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
trcallaway
319 Views, 2 Replies

new system

I recently purchased a new hp pavilion HPE-h8-1360t pc with the following specs:

• Windows 7 Professional 64
• 3rd Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K quad-core processor [3.5GHz, 8MB Shared Cache]
• 16GB DDR3-1333MHz SDRAM [4 DIMMs]
• 1TB 7200 rpm SATA hard drive
• No secondary hard drive
• 2GB DDR3 AMD Radeon HD 7570 [DVI, HDMI, DP & VGA via adapter]
• 600W Power supply
• FREE UPGRADE to Blu-Ray writer from Blu-Ray player
• Premium Wireless-N LAN card and Bluetooth(R )(2x2)
• 15-in-1 memory card reader, 4 USB 2.0 (front), 2 USB 3.0 (top)
• Microsoft(R) Office Starter: reduced-functionality Word & Excel w/ ads. No PowerPoint or Outlook
• No additional security software
• No TV Tuner
• Beats Audio (tm) -- integrated studio quality sound
• Premium HP keyboard and optical mouse
• Adobe Premiere Elements & Photoshop Elements 10

I use AutoCAD architecture 2013 to do 2D drafting but do not do very much 3d or rendering, the projects that I work on are very large in size and tend to bog down my previous systems.  To make a long story short, I will be getting this system within the next couple of weeks and I am debating about upgrading the video card to a quadro 4000 or gtx 680 video card.  I am a stand alone user, I am currently running two monitors and would like to upgrade to three monitors.  I run multiple applications which might include, email, excel, word and autocad all at the same time and occasionally (to destress) will boot up Battlefiled 3 or even a HD movie.  Any recommendations?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: trcallaway

First thing you may want to do before purchasing a upgrade on a video card is making sure it is certified for use with AutoCAD and any other Autodesk products you may use.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert?id=18844534&siteID=123112

While the specs you show are certainly capable of running AutoCAd in 2d. How well it will run with multiple applications running and how complex the files are.....its tough to say. But if you are certified you are on the right track as far as your Autodesk products are concerned.

Message 3 of 3
David_Knight
in reply to: Anonymous

Personally i would upgrade to an SSD...

but im not sure how much the place your looking will charge.  I built my own pc with almost the same specs for around 1400 bucks with an SSD over 4 months ago (older CPU)

The SSD imo has been the biggest improvement.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost