AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Opinions

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
343 Views, 1 Reply

Need Opinions

I need everyones opinion on this "idea".

-Working on CD in a project, fairly small, roughly 30 dwg's

-I'm in charge of scheduling, partitions, and a cpl other things

-Back when i used to use Project navigator extensivly you could have a "standards file" that would keep ACA objects all in sync with that file.

-This project is NOT set up using PN and no one here besides me know it that well.

My question is would you create a project, load all the darwings into it, and set up a standards file just to control aca objects?  No one else wil utilize the power of PN especially this late in the project.  It's just that right now if i change a window style i have to do into 5 drawings to make sure there all the same.

Ideas?? Comments??

What do you all think....

Thanks everyone,

John Gray

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
ntellery
in reply to: Anonymous

A little different situation but I used to park drawings into a placeholder project, run standards and then copy them back out again.  Yes I know, untidy practise but it did what I needed.  

You want it constant so why not put into a project.  No one else will ever know!!

I think it would keep any x-ref's already attached.

I didn't think the PN was really that hard to use but if all your x-ref's are already set up, oo.

www.ausaca.blogspot.com
Do you know all about the Roof Object? Learn it's secrets
http://ausaca.blogspot.com.au/p/roof-object-video-links.html

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost