AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Must Drawing Units precision be inseperably tied to everything?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
327 Views, 0 Replies

Must Drawing Units precision be inseperably tied to everything?

When drawing floor plans or elevations, I like Precision (in the DDunits dialog box) set to 1/8" or 1/4", maybe.  When I insert a block of a toilet or whatever that I downloaded from the Web, and I do a DIST command, I don't need to know the width of the toilet to the nearest 1/64"- nearest 1/8" is plenty.  But when I select a leader and look at its Properties, I do need to know that the arrowhead is 1/8" and not 3/32".  With Precision set to 1/8", arrowheads of both sizes will display as being 1/8".  We now have five sizes of text in our office, that vary by as little as 1/64", and I will need to be able to discern between them in the Properties palette.  So do I have any choice but to set Precision in the Drawing Units dialog box to 1/64", and just live with the minor annoyance of seeing distances expressed to a 64th?  Wouldn't it be helpful to have two Precision settings; one for the precision of the drawing environment, and one for the precision of readouts in dialog boxes and palettes?

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost