AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MULTI-VIEW BLOCK 3D deformed

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
questionboy
681 Views, 9 Replies

MULTI-VIEW BLOCK 3D deformed

I am using AUTOCAD ARCHITECTURE 2012, I 'm working in metrtics units, but I'm inserting imperial multi-view blocks because metric blocks are limited. When I see them in 3d view the blocks are deformed, but only the casework, sofa and  table items. Someone knows why??...

Thanks!    

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
ntellery
in reply to: questionboy

possibly they haven't scaled evenly in x,y, or z direction.

ie, they would need to scale (25.4 I think) to be correct for metric drawing.

Check in the properties pallete.

www.ausaca.blogspot.com
Do you know all about the Roof Object? Learn it's secrets
http://ausaca.blogspot.com.au/p/roof-object-video-links.html
Message 3 of 10
dbroad

It would help if you could post a sample file or at least some specifics to reproduce.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 4 of 10
questionboy
in reply to: ntellery

Thanks, I have tried that but the block only increments its size in the same proportion. I am attaching a view. This are sofas, tables & a base cabinet.

Thanks.

Message 5 of 10
dbroad

I don't get much from an isometric view in a pdf without annotations.  Which blocks are problematic or exhibit scaling issues.  It would be better to post a similar dwg file with a few notes.  Is it the display style you object to?

Message 6 of 10
questionboy
in reply to: dbroad

I am attaching a dwg example file where there are some 3d furniture multi-view blocks. The parts of each one of these are in wrong place.

Thanks for your help.

Message 7 of 10
dbroad

Best guess: Probably a poor implementation of the "Scale Objects Inserted From Other Drawings".

Thing to try:  Use the Units command to uncheck that setting. Insert the mvblocks from the imperial drawings.  See if there is any difference.  They will all be too small but might be non-deformed.  If that works, you could try scaling things up manually (25.4 if using millimeters).  It's probably the nested blocks that are causing the problems.

Message 8 of 10
questionboy
in reply to: dbroad

Thanks. I did your recomedation but it doesn't work, I dont' know what's happening. When I insert a new mvblock, it deforms, but when I insert it from another drawing (an adt 2007 one) it doesnt' deform.     

Message 9 of 10
dbroad

Again, this is only an educated guess:  Mvblocks are not themselves blocks but a collection of blocks with rule systems about how those blocks show up.  The location of a nested block needs to be scaled or adjusted, not just the geometry within that nested block.  That is why you see parts either too close to one another or too far apart.

If you post an imperial drawing containing the imperial mvblocks that misbehave when being added to an imperial drawing, we could continue the conversation and perhaps involve Autodesk technical experts.  I suggest you post this as a potential bug at www.autodesk.com/submitbug and attach the drawing and a reference to this thread.

Message 10 of 10
David_W_Koch

@questionboy wrote:

Thanks. I did your recomedation but it doesn't work, I dont' know what's happening. When I insert a new mvblock, it deforms, but when I insert it from another drawing (an adt 2007 one) it doesnt' deform.     

You may find this blog article
http://architects-desktop.blogspot.com/2013/05/aca-imperial-mvb-in-metric-drawing.html

and/or this Discussion Group thread

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Architecture/Blocks-corrupted/td-p/3936452

of interest.  Based on what I saw when the I_Appl_Refrig_Side-Side Multi-View Block [MVB] is inserted into a millimeter-based drawing, the MVBs that are giving you trouble probably make use of unit blocks in the 3D block.  The scaling for the difference in units gets applied within the unit block itself, so the instance increases in size correctly, but the location of the unit block insertion point relative to the parent block's insertion point remains unchanged, rather than being made 25.4 times greater, which results in the 3D block being incorrect.

You can start with the inserted imperial content and redefine the view blocks as needed to create an equivalent metric block, as outlined in my responses in the Discussion Group thread.  Once you understand what is happening, it is fairly easy to redefine the blocks.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost