AutoCAD Architecture General Discussion

AutoCAD Architecture General Discussion

AndyTektonikaVT
Message 1 of 12 (314 Views)

MText time waster - Arial Font Substitution in dimensions...

314 Views, 11 Replies
01-04-2013 10:04 AM

Hello...so my problem is quite a time waster and is super annoying.  Everytime I select Mtext, specifically in a dimension, Autocad 2010 Arch automatically switches the highlighted (computed measurement) text to Arial before I've done anything.  So everytime I have to edit a dimension Mtext, I have to reselect the computed dimension (<> / highlighted text), then select the correct text style again to get it back to the correct text style I'm using (FluxArch ttf).  All of my text styles in the file have no association w/ Arial, and all the dimension styles rely on the text styles...so I'm stumped.  Do I need to repair Autocad due to it Mtext editor being corrupted or something to get it to work properly again?  Thx in advance to reponders.  :smileywink:

*Expert Elite*
leothebuilder
Message 2 of 12 (307 Views)

Re: MText time waster - Arial Font Substitution in dimensions...

01-04-2013 01:38 PM in reply to: AndyTektonikaVT

Do you have the FluxArch ttf located in a folder which is on the search path of Acad?

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 3 of 12 (299 Views)

01-05-2013 06:35 AM in reply to: AndyTektonikaVT
TTF Fonts must be properly installed and registered in Windows (which makes the font available in all applications): nothing to do with the above tip from Leo.
So, is this font available for use in other applications on your PC? Is your current active DIMSTYLE set to use a text STYLE with that font defines in it? Do you have a text STYLE in the file defined with that font? From your description you are manually overriding a font, which tells me your text style is not defined correctly.
Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
AndyTektonikaVT
Message 4 of 12 (287 Views)

01-06-2013 10:42 AM in reply to: pendean

So yeah, the .ttf file I want to use for everything (fluxarchitect) is in the default ACA fonts folder, and installed/Added to windows correctly as my other programs (i.e. photoshop, word) use it fine.  And my text styles are all seemingly defined correctly.  The odd part is that Arial is associated w/ none of them!  There isn't a single text style that uses Arial in my files, yet it's being substituted in the dimension where ACA is computing distance & automatically creating the measurement and creating the text display, no matter what dimension style I use.  Still confused how to resolve this sillyness.  It just started doing it one day...  My ACA installation alsohas all the program updates to date too, fyi... :\

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 5 of 12 (278 Views)

01-07-2013 05:49 AM in reply to: AndyTektonikaVT

>>>...It just started doing it one day...<<<
So is it a file-centric problem? or a recent system /addon change? Post a DWG file with the problem with notes on how to recreate the issue (also include the TTF font file).

AndyTektonikaVT
Message 6 of 12 (248 Views)

01-09-2013 10:30 AM in reply to: AndyTektonikaVT

ACA started doing it sometime around when I installed and started using this fluxarchitect.ttf that I've attached.  We were up until that point only using .shx text types. 

It's simple to make it happen, for me anyways...  Just use mtext editor on the dimension, and ACA automatically selects the automatically determined dimension & changes it to arial before I can do anything (yet stating that it's the "standard" text tyle, which it isn't as I've set "standard to fluxarchitect.ttf).  So annoying!  Thx for the help!

ps.  I'm assuming it's a bad .ttf file...maybe re-download and re-install into windows?  I know when I tried to copy it out of the windows "fonts" system folder it wouldn't work for the attachement here, had to pull it from my default ACA "fonts" folder under program files/ACA2010

pps. I am unallowed to attach .ttf's!  Hrrrmph!!! :\

AndyTektonikaVT
Message 7 of 12 (247 Views)

01-09-2013 10:32 AM in reply to: AndyTektonikaVT

Problematic dims .dwg attached, I think...

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 8 of 12 (243 Views)

01-09-2013 12:03 PM in reply to: AndyTektonikaVT

ZIP it then post it :smileyhappy:

AndyTektonikaVT
Message 9 of 12 (223 Views)

01-10-2013 09:02 AM in reply to: pendean

.zip attached, hopefully... :smileywink:

*Expert Elite*
leothebuilder
Message 10 of 12 (221 Views)

01-10-2013 09:10 AM in reply to: AndyTektonikaVT

I had a look at this yesterday.

Downloaded the Flux Architect.ttf font and installed in my windows/fonts folder.

It has the same odd behaviour as you describe where it substitutes the aerial font.

I have no idea what causes this.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.