AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving an xclip:ghosting

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
BrockJRW
896 Views, 1 Reply

Moving an xclip:ghosting

I'm having a minor issue but it's annoying.

I'm using ACA 2013 on a windows 7 machine. 

I have and xref that I have xclipped. The xclip displays fine and frames do what I want. The problem occurs when I move the xclip. Suddenly the entire xref appears while moving to a new location. Not just the xclip but the entire xref. Is there a setting that would hide the entire xref while moving? 

I know this isn't a huge deal but when i've xclipped a large plan and need to move it, sometimes the "hidden" part of the xref gets in the way. More of an annoyance then anything but a couple of people have complained about it.

Thanks for any help,

Ryan

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
David_W_Koch
in reply to: BrockJRW

You could set DRAGMODE to OFF before moving the clipped external reference.  That will suppress the display of the entire external reference, though, not just the bits beyond the clip boundary.  If you normally like seeing the objects you are moving while dragging, you will want to set it back to AUTO after you move the clipped external reference.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost