AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving AEC Objects by Grips NOT working

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
75ironhead
909 Views, 2 Replies

Moving AEC Objects by Grips NOT working

How can I move a wall or Any AEC object without "tabbing" through the Dynamic input actions.

I use to grab a wall by its grip, start dragging then type in the dimension and hit enter. 2015 ACA is not letting me.

ACA 2015

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
David_W_Koch
in reply to: 75ironhead

You could turn off Dynamic Input, or, if you prefer to have that on for pointer input, you could edit the Dynamic Input settings and uncheck the Enable Dimension Input where possible toggle.  The Application Status Bar tool that allows you to toggle Dynamic Input on and off is not turned on by default when first installed, if memory serves.  If you want to turn that tool on (so that you can avoid memorizing/typing Command and System Variable names), you can do so by selecting the Customization tool at the far right side of the Application Status Bar (the icon consists of three horizontal bars/lines).  In the context menu that deploys, look for the Dynamic Input item, which is closer to the top of the menu than the bottom, between Infer Constraints and Ortho Mode.  If Dynamic Input does not have a check mark in front of it, select it to turn the tool on in your Workspace.  If it already has a check mark, then it is already on.  The tool icon consists of a "+" sign on the upper left side (representing the cursor), and a thick bar at the lower middle to right, representing the Dynamic Input box.  Selecting the tool, as usual, toggles Dynamic Input on and off; right clicking on the tool deploys a single-item context menu, giving access to the Drafting Settings dialog, with the Dynamic Input tab current.  You can enable/disable various parts of the Dynamic Input feature here.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 3
75ironhead
in reply to: David_W_Koch

no matter what i did it would not fix the problem, so I just transferred all Objects in the problem drawing to a new ACA 2015 drawing standard. All is fine now and the bonus is the drawing is much faster as well.
I'll just have to be careful when using older drawing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost