AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

movebak command disappeared

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
tcrish
1028 Views, 5 Replies

movebak command disappeared

Hello all,

My MOVEBAK command has apparently disappeared and become an unknown command in my ACA 2014.  I have express tools installed, yet it is not there.  I set movebak to a specified directory on my network right after my original install many months ago.  Just this week I noticed .bak files appearing in my drawing locations and not the designated location.  I type MOVEBAK and it is unknown.  I think the only thing I did recently was install Autodesk 360 to upload my settings.  I have attached a screen shot showing the Express Tab and the command line return.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tom

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dbroad
in reply to: tcrish

I can't imagine a legitmate reason for having bak folders anywhere but the same folder as the dwg files (which is default behavior).  That said, try EXPRESSTOOLS command.  Even though you can see the ribbon, it is possible that the paths to the expresstool content may be lost.  I don't use 360 so you might be correct in suspecting that but I cannot verify.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 3 of 6
David_W_Koch

MOVEBAK works for me in ACA 2014, with Express Tools installed.  Do any of your Express Tools work?

Have you tried Doug's suggestion to use the EXPRESSTOOLS command?

If you have, and it still does not work, do you have the folder that contains the Express Tools files on the search path of your current AutoCAD Profile?  (That is C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2014\Express for me; depending upon how you installed the program, your location may vary.)  If it is in your search path, does that folder contain a file called movebak.lsp?

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 4 of 6
tcrish
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Thanks for the replies.  You are both correct.  Expresstools command does not work nor do any of the other tools in the ribbon, which I didn't think to check.  It's not in my support path either.  There isn't a directory for express as far as I can see.  I know it worked originally so it must have been blown away by something.  I will research my install and see if I can do a repair or update.

Thanks again, I will try to post back with results.

Tom

Message 5 of 6
tcrish

Solution:

I did an update to the software by checking the express tools only.  I launched ACA and the tools didn't work....I added express tools support path but it didn't work yet...I typed expresstools command and it ran, but the tools didn't work yet....

I restarted ACA and all of the express tools now work.  Apparently my update to add Autodesk 360 wiped out the express tools.

Thanks again DBROAD and DAVID for the places to look....

Tom

Message 6 of 6
dbroad

You're welcome. Glad to help.  Thanks for the kudo.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost