AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move multiple walls and columns a certain distance?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Ean_M
665 Views, 5 Replies

Move multiple walls and columns a certain distance?

I have been working with Autodesk Architecture 2015 for the past month on a school project.  The project that I (and a couple other students) are working on is modeling a real life building in Architecture using drawings given to us from a manager of the building.  The dimensioned drawings that we get from him are not always the best, and sometimes we have to make up a dimension to make everything fit well.  Twice now, I have had to move about 10 walls to make this work, and instead of using something simpler, I just redrew all of the walls to make it fit.  Now I have 9 walls and 2 columns that are currently all properly aligned to eachother, but are 5' 5.25" off from the rest of the building.  After looking through most of the menus in the program, I cannot seem to find a tool to move multiple objects at once.

Long story short: I am wondering if there is some tool that I can use to shift/move all of these objects (hopefully at once) to the correct location?

~Ean M.

Junior at the Dayton Regional STEM School

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dbroad
in reply to: Ean_M

Stretch or move?

After selecting objects, enter the displacement and hit enter key for second point.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 3 of 6
Ean_M
in reply to: dbroad

To answer your question, I am wanting to move them all a certain distance (to be exact, the distance is 5'5.25").  Also, Where is the input field for the displacement number?

Message 4 of 6
dbroad

It wasn't really a question.  It was really an indication of a choice that you need to make.  (Move or stretch).  They both have advantages.  If you don't understand what a displacement is, you really need to refer to a textbook or the help files as they are better described there than I can post here.

Here is a link to a simple explanation.

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-use-the-move-command-in-autocad-2014.html

Message 5 of 6
Ean_M
in reply to: dbroad

Thank you very much for the reference to the dummies.com page, it answered my question fully.  Before when I had used the move tool, I only thought it could freely move the objects around, but now I see how to actually move the objects in a reasonable fashion.

Message 6 of 6
dbroad

You're welcome.  Glad to help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost