AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Architecture 2010 - Monochrome.ctb plot style table missing

21 REPLIES 21
SOLVED
Message 1 of 22
jmetz1
82152 Views, 21 Replies

AutoCAD Architecture 2010 - Monochrome.ctb plot style table missing

Has anyone had the problem with the monochrome .ctb plot style table not showing up in the plot dialogue for AutoCAD Architecture 2010? Typically it seems to be standard upon install of the software. Any help is greatly appreciated.

[ The subject line of this post has been edited to include the product name by @handjonathan ]

21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22
David_W_Koch
in reply to: jmetz1

Are you being offered CTB files as the choice for your plot, and it is just the monochrome.ctb file that is missing?  Is your drawing set up to use color-dependent plot styles?  If not, you will not be offered any CTB files as a choice, only STB files.

Start new files with a template that uses the desired plot style type; use the CONVERTPSTYLES command to change from STB to CTB, if necessary, in an existing file.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 22
jmetz1

Thank you David, that worked just fine!

Message 4 of 22
nazag
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Thank you David, you are my hero !!!

Message 5 of 22
galdamezra
in reply to: nazag

thanks david. definitely solved my problem too!

Message 6 of 22
PaullMigg

Great man! Tanks =D

Message 7 of 22
mstun

thanks david, 

save me lots of time Robot Happy

Message 8 of 22
bonnie529

Thank you David!

I know this thread is a couple years old, but awesome commands and awesome users are forever appreciated Cat Embarassed

Message 9 of 22
c_giles

I have both the Monochrome.ctb, and the stf, in several files, but autocad lt does not seem to know how to find them, any help would be appreciated.

I have both the Monochrome.ctb, and the stf, in several files, but autocad lt does not seem to know how to find them, any help would be appreciated.

Message 10 of 22
c_giles

I also have tried to use the Cute PDF Writer, and it will not allow me to plot in black, along with the monochrome issue, and not being able to convert this drawing into PDF, I am at a loss for options, any help would be appreciated.

Message 11 of 22
David_W_Koch
in reply to: c_giles

Do you have the plot style files you want to use in a folder in the Plot Style Table Search Path (Options dialog, Files tab, Printer File Support Path node, Plot Style Table Search Path sub-node)?  In 2014 and later, you can specify multiple folders under this node.  In earlier releases, you are limited to one folder (but you can place a Windows Shortcut in that folder pointing to another folder if you do not want all of your plot styles in that one folder for some reason).

If your drawing cannot find the specified plot style file, then it will default to plotting using the colors defined in the drawing file (definitely true for named plot style files [STB]; may be true for color-dependent plot style files [CTB] as well).

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 12 of 22
boyish.gurl

thank you thats helpful
Message 13 of 22

Thak you! It worked immediately!

Message 14 of 22
mbszameer

Thank u So much....................

Wish u all the best

Message 15 of 22
bolzteruyui

that helps me a lot..many thanks

Message 16 of 22
serrato1984

excellent. thank You, Mr. KOCH. However, one may have to manually change the color to black in the plot manager setup.

Message 17 of 22
michael6T7C2

C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2019\R23.0\enu\Plotters\Plot Styles

Copy & Paste attachment, should solve the problem

Message 18 of 22
cjbbenj

Amazing! Thankyou!

Message 19 of 22
michael6T7C2
in reply to: cjbbenj

Big pleasure! Glad to be able to help!

Message 20 of 22
data9ABBX

thanks, you saved my time 😍

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost