AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitor requirements

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
tnteach
482 Views, 8 Replies

Monitor requirements

The specifications page for Architecture 2008 indicates a monitor size of 1280X1024. I have a student whose computer meets all specifications except that her monitor is 1280 X 800. Will she be able to run Architecture 2008 successfully?
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Bubbaloo
in reply to: tnteach

Definately!
Message 3 of 9
rach101

How do you know that the 2008 AutoCAD will work with a new laptop that has a monitor size that is specified above? Message was edited by: rach101
Message 4 of 9
Bubbaloo

It will run regardless of the monitor. Now as far as being able to arrange windows and dialog boxes on your smaller screen, it may be a headache, but it will definately run.
Message 5 of 9
rach101

Thank you for clarifying that for me! How do you know all this? have you worked AutoCAD 2008 on a laptop with size monitor?
Message 6 of 9
Bubbaloo

I have ran ACA2008 on a laptop with 1024x768 resolution.
Message 7 of 9
rach101

Hey, thanks for all your help! I bought the laptop and I am sure it will work!I
Message 8 of 9
rhino rules

I ran it on a monitor less than 1024x768 (a big plasma tv - I think it is 1024x720 or something) and an error message popped up and said it could not run on a monitor less than 1024x768. But, after I clicked ok it ran anyway.
Message 9 of 9
calfcreek

One should note that the ratio may be off. IOW, if you draw a square, it may look like a rectangle due to the monitor not conforming to the specified size. All of the dims will be accurate but visually you may notice some irregularities. CAD on!!

Keith D. Rodebush
SGAI

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost