AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifying Propert Set Definitions

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
FitzUS
214 Views, 1 Reply

Modifying Propert Set Definitions

I have defined property set definitions for some non-AEC objects, but wanted to add an new manual property that is defined from a list.  I had some difficulty at first as the new manual property failed to show on the properties palette.  I then tried copying an existing one with a short list.  The property showed up in the properties palette as expected.

Then when I tried to edit the list the manual property disappeared from the palette.  Is there something special one needs to do to add a new definition to an existing property set defintion?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
David_W_Koch
in reply to: FitzUS

In the Style Manager, when editing a Property Set Definition, on the Definition tab, make certain that the box in the Visible column is checked for all properties that you want to see on the Extended Data tab on the Properties palette (or in dialogs, when adding a property set to an object or style).  It should be on when creating a new Manual property using the Default settings, but if you choose an existing property as the basis for your new one (to get the same format, for example), if you choose a property that is set to not be visible, your new property will also not be visible.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost