AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify Roofline causes surface hatch to cover windows

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
anniesball72
287 Views, 1 Reply

Modify Roofline causes surface hatch to cover windows

I am having a problem in an elevation view where the surface hatch covers the windows after I apply a Modify Roofline command in the construct.

When I look at the elevation in an isometric view you can see the surface hatch go through the windows. When I refresh the elevations after the construct xref is reloaded after Modify Roofline command the windows are no longer visible.

If I reset the modify roofline command in the construct, reload the xref in the elevation the elevation returns to normal.

I'd like to figure out why after the modify roofline command the windows are covered in the elevation but not in the construct view.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
John.W.Mumaw
in reply to: anniesball72

That usually means that there is a cleanup problem.  How are you modifying the roofline?  If you're using auto-project, sometimes the result can cause this.  I occasionally need to manually fix this in the roof/floor line worksheet available from the properties palette or by drawing a polyline to represent the roofline and using the project to polyline option.

John

John W. Mumaw
Timber Frame Designer
Lost Bent Woodworking & Design

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost