AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing icons after typical installation

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Alfredo_Medina
2169 Views, 3 Replies

Missing icons after typical installation

Hello, in this image, I am showing the Options dialog box of AutoCAD Architecture 2013. This was a typical installation, no customization at all, but several icons are missing, showing just a question mark instead. Can anybody provide some help about how to fix this? I have not worked with AutoCAD for some years, and I must have missed some information regarding changes on paths and support folders. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

missing_icons.jpg

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Never mind. I found the solution. Here I am posting it in case it's useful for someone else:

The solution is to add this path (or equivalent) to the Support File Search Path:

C:\program files\autodesk\autocad 2013\aca

The question remains, though, about why that folder was missing in a typical installation of ACA. oh, well...it's fixed.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 4

I'm having this issue with the upgrade to ACA 2014.  I do, however, have the C:\program files\autodesk\autocad 2014\aca support file path, but no icons.  If it makes a difference, the migrate custom settings tool did not fully migrate all of my template locations for my custom profile so I exported my profile 'CDS-old' from ACA 2013 and imported it into '14:

Missing Icons.jpg

The migrated profile 'CDS', oddly enough, has the icons, but did not migrate other customizations, like templates:

Missing Template.jpg

Am I doing something wrong here?  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Message 4 of 4

Turns out it was the Main Customization File.  It was looking for ACA-Global, which I did not install with 2014, but had with 2013.  Simply directed it to ACA.cuix and good to go! Smiley Happy

Found Icons.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost