AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Display Config, Project Info & CPl from Drawing Status Bar

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
KathyMoffa
688 Views, 4 Replies

Missing Display Config, Project Info & CPl from Drawing Status Bar

2015 Help shows them present, along with Surface Hatch and Layer Key Override, which I do have.   Also this version doesn't like my graphics card.  Weird lines in some Visual styles and in some drawings, and I've aborted multiple times since installing today.  Are there actually any improvements in ACA 2015 that merit a new graphics card?  

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi Kathy,

The drawing status bar does still include Display Configuration, Project Information, and Cut Plane as options.

2015_ACA_Drawing_Status_Bar.png

What are you seeing instead of these options?

Regarding the graphics, you can see an overview of the enhancements that were made to the user interface and graphics-related features in the AutoCAD 2015 Preview Guide. You can also see a feature comparison between 2015 and the previous releases here.

If you're experiencing graphics issues with ACA 2015:

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 3 of 5

Victoria--thanks for the info.  I finally noted that in Options,  the Status Bar wasn't checked to display by default.  That's not one I remember ever having to manually check after an install.   Re: my video card,  I have an older one that is not certified and in ACA 2015, my drawings do not display 2D Wireframe correctly (dozens of non-selectable lines of varying colors and lengths)  if the new Smooth Lines Display in 3DConfig is checked (which it is by default).  If I decide to continue with this version, I will update my video card.

Message 4 of 5

Hi Kathy,

Is this the issue you're seeing with the non-selectable lines? As you mentioned, toggling off the new LINESMOOTHING variable should restore the visible integrity of your drawings in 2015, if you're running the program with one of the affected graphics cards.

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 5 of 5

Yes, that’s the type of display I see.    I have ordered a new graphics card—an NVIDIA Quadro K4200, and am hoping to see a tremendous improvement in 3D handling in general.  That is, if ACA even uses the video card for orbiting and/or rendering—the how or when of which has never been clear to me with this product.   

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost