AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minimum processor for laptop to run AutoCAD Architectural 2010?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
bhoefer2
445 Views, 1 Reply

Minimum processor for laptop to run AutoCAD Architectural 2010?

I'm looking to buy a new laptop that will mostly be used for browsing, Netflix, etc. But I would like to be able to use Revit and AutoCAD Architectural from time to time (once a month on average) without it being too bogged down. Obviously, since I won't be using Revit that much on it I don't want to pay a lot extra for "premium" Revit/ACAD performance. Right now I occasionally run Architectural Desktop 2006 on my current laptop with an Intel T2300 @ 1.66GHz with 1GB RAM (Core2 Duo, I think) and its been fine.

Any advice? Would another Core2 do the trick, or a Core i3 or i5?

Or would an AMD or other mfg of processor be a better "budget" choice?

Thanks all for your help!
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi there-

I'm running ACA 2010, and have ok performance, the system is often the bottleneck, and find that it takes a couple minutes to open my completed models. The model/files we create, are quite involved, including all of the framing members and multiple schedule tables.

More details about my computer
ComponentDetailsSubscoreBase scoreProcessorIntel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T9600 @ 2.80GHz6.14.4 Determined by lowest subscoreMemory (RAM)4.00 GB5.9GraphicsNVIDIA Quadro NVS 160M 4.4Gaming graphics2009 MB Total available graphics memory5.5Primary hard disk95GB Free (233GB Total)5.9Windows 7 Professional
System
ManufacturerDell Inc. ModelLatitude E6500 Total amount of system memory4.00 GB RAM System type64-bit operating system Number of processor cores2Storage
Total size of hard disk(s)233 GB Disk partition (C:)95 GB Free (233 GB Total) Media drive (I:)CD/DVDGraphics
Display adapter typeNVIDIA Quadro NVS 160M Total available graphics memory2009 MB Dedicated graphics memory256 MB Dedicated system memory0 MB Shared system memory1753 MB Display adapter driver version8.15.11.8621 Primary monitor resolution1920x1200 DirectX versionDirectX 10Network
Network AdapterIntel(R) 82567LM Gigabit Network Connection Network AdapterIntel(R) WiFi Link 5300 AGN Network AdapterBluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)Notes

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost