AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Menu missing after setting "menubar"

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kg7
Observer
392 Views, 3 Replies

Menu missing after setting "menubar"

I'm trying to get "Edit" command back so I can "Paste Special" a spreadsheet into Archticture 2011.  I've used the command "menubar" and set it to "1".  All I get is "Express" showing where the Menu should be. The CUI has been no help as there are so many options I don't have a clue which one is my desired item. There must be a dozen"Edit..."options, none of which seem to be what I want.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
KathyMoffa
in reply to: kg7

I don't know what edit command you are looking for, but you can select the data in the Excel spreadsheet for copying, then use the command  PASTESPEC. 

Message 3 of 4
kg7
Observer

Much Thanks!  I did not know about that command.

Message 4 of 4
dbroad

In addition to what Kathy said, now that you know the command you need is pastespec, you can use the cui to add it to the clipboard menu of the "shortcut menu" called "Context menu for default mode" and the "Context menu for edit mode".

In cui, in the search bar, type "pastespec" without the quotes.  Then drag it to each corresponding clipboard menu.

To get the other legacy menus back(menubar=1), you probably will need to migrate them from a much earlier version of AutoCAD Architecture.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost