AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meaning of two small rectangles touching in the corners

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
octavio2
826 Views, 1 Reply

Meaning of two small rectangles touching in the corners

Been working with AutoCAD Architecture 2014 at work and I have the following questions (really, working it as AutoCAD, but these things appear all the time and I am trying to find out what they are):

1. AutoCAD Archtecture 2014 question: What is the meaning of the two small rectangles touching in one corner, and the one above is hatched?

Related question:  The appearance of these two rectangles have to do with one line in a layer above another line in another layer which cannot be separated like they are the same and move together?  (I have these lines and are hard to separate one from the other when I want to edit each).

2.  What are the small hatched rectangles with a cross on the upper right hand corner?  These have the snaps symbol on them, how can I keep them from from showing?

3. When I move a line, the side lines also move.  How can I have the lines act individually like single lines in AutoCAD?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
David_W_Koch
in reply to: octavio2

I am not 100% certain what you are seeing, and the context in which you are seeing it.  Can you reply and attach a screen shot of the condition(s) about which you are asking?

It sounds like you may be describing items that have had constraints applied to them.  Does the top part of the attached image show what you are seeing?  You may have had Infer Constraints active at the time you drew one line over the other, and the program inferred that you wanted the two to be constrained as parallel.  The "hatched rectangles", which display a "close" X in the upper right corner when moused over, indicate that a constraint is active and the graphics indicate what type.  If you turn on the Parametric ribbon tab, on the Geometric panel you will find a Hide All tool, which will hide all of these constraint indicators.  They will still show when you select an object that has a constraint, but just the ones for that object.  Or you can use the close X to selectively hide the constraint indicators, one by one.

If you do not want constraints applied, be sure to deactivate the Infer Contstraints toggle (bottom part of attached image), located at the far left side on the Application Status Bar, just to the right of the coordinates display (assuming you have that turned on).

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost