AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

math on command line issue

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
tcrish
839 Views, 2 Replies

math on command line issue

Hello All,

In ACA, offset command, I can enter 3/2 on the command line to get a result of 1.5 offset.  If I enter 3.5/2 on command line, it won't give me 1.75.

Am I not inputing this correctly?  My math skills are ancient.  Trying to multiply doesn't work either, like 3*2.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong or a setting I need to change?

Thanks,

Tom

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
David_W_Koch
in reply to: tcrish

AutoCAD will not accept decimals when keying in a fractional amount.  For your example, enter 35/20, and you will get 1.75.

I am not aware that multiplication was ever a direct key-in option (vague memories of the tablet menu having an asterisk in the numeric input section try to solidify but vanish before fully forming).  You can use a LISP expression:  (* 2 3).  Typing 'QC should bring up the QuickCalc dialog, which will allow a multitude of calculator-like expressions to be entered to generate a numeric response on the Command: line.

If you want to stay on the Command: line, typing 'CAL and then pressing the Space Bar or ENTER key, followed by 2*3 and Space Bar/ENTER key will also work.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 3
tcrish
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Thanks, David,

I never did math on the command line before, after all these years I never needed to.  Your suggestions are working great.  There is always something for me to learn everyday. Smiley Very Happy

Thanks again,

Tom

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost