AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Materials in Section

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
VaDesigner10
504 Views, 5 Replies

Materials in Section

I'm stumped... In the attached, I've used the same material (a screen mesh) for two different Door/Window Assemblies I created.  However, in one of them (the one with the double doors), the material fails to show up in the elevation.  Checked for overrides, different materials, display reps... what have I missed?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dbroad
in reply to: VaDesigner10

Left click on the section result, choose regenerate from the ribbon and choose reselect objects.  Then draw a window around what you want to draw.  Looks like you forgot to select the windows.

BTW, why use a section instead of an elevation for this use?

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 3 of 6
VaDesigner10
in reply to: dbroad

Thanks, but tried this and it still did not work.

For the "Generate Section/Elevatin" I have the following selected:

Style to Generate: Exterior

Display Set:  Section_Elev

The surface hatch shows, but in the wrong color, when I select:

Style to Generate: Exterior

Display Set: Section_Elevation_Material

Message 4 of 6
dbroad

After looking at this more closely, you have too many display configurations, display representations, layers, and some extremely complex elevation styles.  Do yourself a favor and begin using the OOTB styles.

For example, your exterior elevation has 60 design component rules.  That alone is unbelievable, since that means that lots of colors have specific meanings.  It turns out that rule 52 is causing your problems. That rule alone is broken anyway since its impossible to have a color with any visible context with any visible component.  If you tried to create that rule from scratch using the system, you couldn't. Color 151 is commented for appliances by owner, apparently something you do not wish to see.  Layer A-Glaz-F1 is also color 151.  If you either delete rule 52 or change the color of layer A-Glaz-F1 the screen shows.

The lack of specificity of rule 52 in the context and component seems to result in anything wtih color 151 being hidden.  I can't be sure because assigning a component of any visible should be impossible.

You will still need to re-select the objects.

Message 5 of 6
VaDesigner10
in reply to: dbroad

AH!  I see the probelm with Rule 52.  Deleted, and screen shows fine.  (This particular elevation style is derived from the plug-in I'm using.) THANK YOU!

Message 6 of 6
dbroad

You're welcome. Glad to help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost