AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material definition display components

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Jleibold
411 Views, 2 Replies

Material definition display components

Hello All,

I want to change the color of a material definition in 2d wireframe (plan view).  For example, for walls, when the mat. def. is checked in the wall display props, the hatching shows orange->color 30.

When I look at one of the materials listed for said wall, in style manager, for that display component, there are diplay components similar to an object format, but in the mat. def. the components control the color (see attached example).

Now is there a "master setting" to change them - I want to change say the plan linework or section hatch to a different color to match our layer color standards or do I have to go into every since display rep. for every single mat. definition and change them or is there a way I can do it once & all will change?

The out of the box objects are great but what I am worried about is that those colors that are given don't work well with our office standard, esp. if we go back to old projects.

Any ideas or comments would be great.....thanks in advance...

Jeff

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Jleibold

Before Material Definitions, there would have been a display override on each Wall Style, and you would have had to edit each Wall Style and edit each component's display.  With Material Definitions, you have to edit each Material Definition, but editing, for example, "Brick Veneer", will make that change in all Wall Styles that use Brick Veneer as the material definition for a component.  That makes it easy to keep things consistent across multiple Wall Styles.

Take a look at the Dipslay Representation Sets that you are using (for the view direct and Display Configuration combinations that you use), to see which Display Represenations for Material Definiitions you are actually using.  You may not need to edit all of the Display Represenations (although you may want to to maintain future consistency).

Or, you could choose to change your office standard to match the out-of-the-box settings.  That may or may not be a possibility at your office. 

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Jleibold
in reply to: David_W_Koch

David,

Thanks for the response.

Yes I see how that works.  It looks as though I would have to go to the ACA content styles (master out of box) & change accordingly.  By doing that I would have to do it for each diplay config. which would be a lot of work.  But I now know where to look & how to manage it if needed.  The office standard is the best way imo to change - it's just those colors are for non plot or shade - going forward an easy change (pen settings) going back to past projects will have to pay attention.

Thanks,

Jeff

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost