AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Elements are now AEC_MASS_ELEMENTS

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
SMILES
344 Views, 2 Replies

Mass Elements are now AEC_MASS_ELEMENTS

I am using ACA 2010-  I opened up my CAD this morning and now when I go to edit a mass element, they now say they are AEC_MASS_ELEMENTS.  In the properties window, I cannot adjust, nor do I even see, width, length, height, ME style options, or anything.  It just gives me "General"  and "3D Visualization" properties.

Did I change a setting, or is it corrupted?  Even if I start a new drawing, or create a new ME, it automatically creates an AEC ME.  Any ideas or help would be much appreciated.

Thank you- Steve Miles

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ntellery
in reply to: SMILES

Sounds like it may be a proxy object rather than the original.

Have you saved in 13 and trying to open in 12 perhaps?  

10-12 are different format from 13 (-15 presumably).

Any warnings when you first open the file?

Are you starting the program using an Acad shortcut rather than the ACA shortcut (although I assume it opens the extra ACA bits when it senses aec data.

www.ausaca.blogspot.com
Do you know all about the Roof Object? Learn it's secrets
http://ausaca.blogspot.com.au/p/roof-object-video-links.html
Message 3 of 3
SMILES
in reply to: ntellery

Not sure what happened, but further investigations showed that all of my 3D modeling or smart objects changed to AEC....  Ultimately I linked it to the Microsoft Windows Update that installed the night before.  I set my computer back to a restore point in the previous week and it fixed it.  There were two urgent updates that installed but I did not write them down as to wich one corrupted my ACA.

Thanks for the help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost