AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping Material

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
1bdchristian
282 Views, 1 Reply

Mapping Material

Can some help me out how to do this. I am trying to map the two attached jpg's to the horizontal tanks in the drawing. I have tried just about every way I can think of and even the map cylinder seems to throw it off.

I may even be in the wrong forum to ask this, if let me know and I will repost at the proper forum.

thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
ntellery
in reply to: 1bdchristian

Should I assume you are trying to attach a logo to each end and then to each side on the curve?

Have you tried mapping 1 logo at a time rather than the 2 together?

Can you map to a very thin slice (curved) just large enough for the logo sitting just off the surface?

At each end you can create a rectangle (3Dface, solid etc) to map to rather that trying to map to the tank itself. It could be the same material as the tank so it disappears.

Unfortunately Adesk thought removing any capability of a fit to object option in the mapping was reasonable but you probably don't need that option anyway.  You need to size the map appropriately to fit properly.

www.ausaca.blogspot.com
Do you know all about the Roof Object? Learn it's secrets
http://ausaca.blogspot.com.au/p/roof-object-video-links.html

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost