AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintain square footage

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
497 Views, 5 Replies

Maintain square footage

is there a way to stretch or adjust space dimensions but maintain the square footage? If I want to change the length by 4'6" can the width adjust automatically to maintain the square footage? Just wondering.

Kory Skoog

CADD Technicain

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you using plain AutoCAD, or a vertical like ARCHITECTURE?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Architecture 2013

Message 4 of 6
dbroad

You could set up a constrained rectangle but not a space.  Space square footage cannot be automatically locked AFAIK.

constrainrect.png

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 5 of 6
David_W_Koch

I cannot verify this in 2013, but in ACA 2010, if I select a non-associative Space and change the Length ["A"] or Width ["B"] properties on the Properties palette, Design tab, Basic category, Actual Dimensions subcategory, it will hold the area constant and adjust the other dimension accordingly. Grip edits or other on-screen modifications (such as STRETCH) do not maintain the area.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 6 of 6
zalant
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Currently, the functionality you're discussing isn't part of the program.  However, we would very much like you to request or suggest it by visiting our Product Feedback link.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Also, you might want to check in some of the customization and programming forums, and see if anyone else has put together something to provide that functionality.  If not, you could always pose this question there, as well.

Zac Travis

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost