AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost my Catalog Library

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
trcallaway
577 Views, 2 Replies

Lost my Catalog Library

Ok, so sometime we do stupid things, with that in mind in an effort to save hard disk space i relocated my catalog library onto a separate hard drive.  Once I did that I was unable to view the files, so now im trying to bring it back and I can't get it back.  Help!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
David_W_Koch
in reply to: trcallaway

Did you move the Content Browser Library (for example, my ACA 2015 library is at C:\Users\David\Documents\Autodesk\My Content Browser Library\ACA 2015\ContentBrowserLibrary.cbl)?  Or did you move the files associated with the individual catalogs that were loaded into your Content Browser?

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Pothman
in reply to: trcallaway

If you just want to get things back to the way that they were when the software was installed you can do a Repair or Reinstall on your software. That should reinstall "missing" content and fix the pathing to point back to the content. It will also get rid of any customization to menus, etc so beware of that.

To do this, open the control panel -> select Uninstall a Program -> select AutoCAD MEP 201x ->  select Uninstall/Change -> select Repair or Reinstall and select Repair.  Reboot your computer and then retest the software. If the Repair doesn't work, then try the Reinstall.

Dave Pothier

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost